Oh my, it has been a while since I last posted a recipe on here hasn’t it? I could give you a billion excuses but I mostly blame these two cuties for being so adorable and keeping me incredibly busy.
Ok, so maybe I picked up a few hobbies here and there too. Like starting to grow my own seedlings! YAY! I have a yard now, so I have no excuse to even buy veggies in the summertime anymore. Well, that’s what my optimist side thinks anyway, we’ll just have to wait and see if I’m actually able to do this.
And wow, I am getting extra lazy for Lazy Mondays aren’t I. I mean, I posted ONE recipe in what was meant to be a series. No more promises from me guys. That’s a promise!… wait a minute…
This was all totally random information up until now, I know. Let’s get to the recipe. Chocolate Avocado Pudding, WHAT? It sounds weird and it honestly is a bit weird but it’s so tasty and it would also make a yummy frosting. Sorry for the scary ugly picture but I was in a hurry to eat them and got styling-stupid in the process. A red background? Am I sleep deprived? Yes, yes I am!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding or Frosting
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cocoa powder
- 1 avocado, ripe, peeled and mashed
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) icing sugar
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) vanilla
- pinch of salt
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix cocoa and water. Nuke for 30 to 60 seconds or until the mixture boils and thickens. Whisk and let cool.
- In a small food processor*, purée the remainder of the ingredients until silky and smooth. Add chocolate mixture and mix until uniform. Chill in the refrigerator completely before eating or using as frosting.
* I mashed and whisked everything by hand for several minutes because I do not own a small food processor, it turned out fine.
Recipe from Ricardo