To me, there is no greater fruit than the strawberry. As a child, I was it’s biggest fan. I was a very picky eater but if you put a basket of strawberries in front of me, it was empty in a flash. Strawberries are still very close to my heart so I always have some at home. They rarely make it into recipes though as I prefer them raw.
I experimented quite a bit with this loaf, it turned out really moist, almost like a cake. I’m sure you could replace the strawberries with any kind of fruit or chocolate and it would turn out great! Also, since my pan is a bit of an awkward size, I had a bit of batter leftover for cupcakes, score!
Strawberry Sour Cream Loaf
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour + extra for tossing strawberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Flour and butter a 9×5” loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat sour cream, sugar, eggs and extracts together. Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Then add oil and mix.
- Toss strawberries in a bit of flour, until coated and fold in the batter.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes and invert on a cooling rack to cool completely.