I didn’t use to be a big fan of muffins. I’m not sure why because muffins are pretty much one of the best things ever. It’s actually one of my recurrent pregnancy cravings.
This morning, I wanted to make some plain chocolate chip muffins and was surprised how hard it was to find a recipe without peanut butter or bananas. Don’t get me wrong, I loveeee peanut butter and bananas but I just felt like having something simpler. Not to mention that ever since I switched to natural peanut butter, I’ve been afraid to make recipes with it because the consistency is completely different.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup vanilla sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ tsps vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In medium bowl, combine butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Fold into dry ingredients and mix by hand with a spoon or spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into your paper-lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean and the top of the muffin springs back when lightly pressed.
Recipe slightly adapted from Citronlimette