Oh my gosh, I love potatoes so much! When I was pregnant with my first born I could have eaten potatoes three times a day and not get sick of them. There are so many ways to prepare potatoes but my favourite is roasting them in the oven.
Sorry about the picture quality. When my family is hungry I have zero time to set up for a proper picture. Which explains why I rarely post savoury recipes.
Roasted Baby Potatoes
I have written down my recipe but it honestly changes every time, especially the salt quantity. It’s best to put less salt and then adjust with sea-salt right before serving.
- 4 cups baby red and white skinned potatoes
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp onion salt (or less)
- 1 tsp garlic salt (or less)
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, salts, pesto, thyme leaves and pepper. Toss the potatoes in to coat the potatoes in the mixture.
- Transfer the potatoes to a non-stick baking sheet or baking dish, spacing them evenly apart.
- Roast the potatoes until they are tender, about 40 minutes, turning them every 15 to 20 minutes.
This is my original recipe. If you repost this recipe please don’t forget to link to this post.