Valentine’s Day is coming up! Ok, let me be honest here. I’m married, I have a toddler and my husband and I are not the romantic type of couple. In the 8 years that we’ve been together, I don’t think that we’ve celebrated this holiday once.
However, I’m always looking for an excuse to eat chocolate <3
This is probably the easiest fancy looking dessert that you can do. With two or three ingredients, there’s no excuse for not having a Valentine’s Day dessert.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- 1 box of strawberries
- 140g (5 oz) milk or semi-sweet chocolate
- 70g (2.5 oz) white chocolate
- Prepare a plate, cookie sheet or cutting board with wax paper.
- Wash strawberries and pat them dry with a dishcloth.
- Microwave the milk chocolate in a bowl at 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals until smooth.
- Dip each strawberry in the chocolate until about two thirds to the top avoiding to touch the stems/leaves. Place on wax paper to set.
- Microwave the white chocolate in the same way, and spoon the melted chocolate onto a piping bag fitted with #3 attachment (or cut the corner of a plastic bag). Drizzle the white chocolate unto the dipped strawberry and let set or chill in the fridge.