You guys must think that I eat lots of sweets and lots of cake. Actually, I rarely bake for myself. There are just so many events lately and lots of important people in my life were born in November.
So this particular cake was made for my older brother. I actually learned at the last minute that I was making his cake so I looked in my pantry and saw those humongous double jars of Nutella that I have. Since Nutella is so sweet already and I tend to over do it, I decided to skip the glaze and just dust with icing sugar and drizzle the rest of the caramel that I had made last Thursday.
Nutella Bundt Cake
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Nutella
- icing sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and Flour bundt pan.
- In a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder, mix to combine. Reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the Nutella and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and mixing just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely in the bundt pan. Invert the cake onto a cake plate and dust with icing sugar. Optional: fill a plastic bag with a few tablespoons of caramel, make a tiny cut in the corner and drizzle away.