We very rarely eat crab. It’s an ingredient that I am not used to preparing and not that comfortable with. However, I’ve always loved eating crab cakes. So I decided to try making my own yesterday and found that it was very easy to do. My husband made his into a crab cake burger but I ate mine on a salad. As you see in the picture I topped mine with garlic aioli, however that particular aioli turned out to be disgusting and I ended up scraping it off entirely so I will not share that recipe.
Makes 4 crab cakes or patties
- 3 – 120g cans of crabmeat
- 1 beaten egg
- 10 ritz crackers (pulsed)
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- pinch red pepper flakes
- squeeze of lime juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, cilantro or chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the olive oil). Measure 4 (1/2 cup) patties.
- Heat a large pan with olive oil on medium-high. Carefully place the patties in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Move the crab cakes to the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of sauce, on a salad or on a kaiser bun.