It feels like 4000 degrees outside and the only thing that I feel like ingesting is water and ice cream. I haven’t been using my oven or stove much lately but ice cream is on my mind A LOT. So the other day, when I finally got a few minutes to myself, I looked at what ingredients I had. I saw the peanut butter staring back at me. Thunder struck and I started laughing like a villain (this all happened very quietly because I didn’t want to wake my baby boy).
Peanut butter ice cream
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup + 2tbsp sugar
- 1 ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Pinch fleur de sel (or coarse salt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter chips (optional)
- ½ cup belgian milk chocolate chips (optional)
- Puree the peanut butter, sugar, milk, cream, saltand vanilla in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a storage container, fold in the chips in the batter. (I never use my ice cream maker to mix in hard ingredients, just in case.)
Recipe modified from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz