Yeah, that’s a mouth-full (pun not intended).
I know, I totally messed up the Peanut Butter Swirl. I promise to do better next time.
Also do wait a bit after cooling in the fridge. They taste SO much better. I thought I had ruined them, but apparently these are better cold.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
For the brownies:
- 14 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For the peanut butter cheesecake swirl:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Grease and Flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- To make the brownie batter, melt the butter and chocolate in a double-boiler, stir until smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate to a bowl and whisk in the cocoa powder, sugar, eggs and cream cheese until smooth and well blended. Mix in the vanilla and salt. Add the flour to the bowl and whisk just until incorporated. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
- For the peanut butter cheesecake swirl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Drop by spoonfuls and spread over the top of the brownie batter, and using a spoon or small spatula, swirl the two mixtures together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until set and springy in the middle. Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Brownies are best after 24 hours, and get even fudgier (sure that’s a word..) if kept in the fridge.