I have spoken before about my undying love of Nutella and quite seriously think that it is my favorite food/ingredient ever.
Today is my bff’s birthday. Happy birthday Gen! <3 When I asked what she wanted, she exclaimed “burritos” (there might or might not have been preggo drool on the corner of her mouth). I also baked her a lemon blueberry loaf and since her bf is not the biggest fan of fruit, I decided to try this cookie recipe. Sure she could keep the rest of the cake, I kept the remaining cookies (which have not so mysteriously disappeared while they were in my hands).
Nutella Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields: 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, Nutella, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and fold-in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
Recipe from: Sweet Pea’s Kitchen