Italian Meringue Frosting
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup clear/white corn syrup
- 6 egg whites
*This recipe makes A LOT of frosting.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, sugar and syrup to a boil (until 235 °F). Remove from heat and let rest while beating the egg whites.
- In a large bowl, with a stand mixer/electric mixer, beat the eggs until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the boiling syrup mixture while beating (be careful: the steam will be released by the eggs) and continue whipping for 10-15 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Frost your cooled cake as soon as possible. Cover and leave at room temperature.
Recipe from: Ricardo