Cesar Salad DressingI’m a huge fan of cesar salad, but I’ve realized that I can’t find any good cesar dressing in stores, I think I only like the ones in good restaurant (which annoys me to death). So I decided to make some. OMG guize, this is so much better and easy too!OK, I know I omitted the croutons. The only bread I have is rye bread, I’m not sure how well that would’ve turned out, besides, you see that piece of steak behind? let’s pretend that that is a huge crouton.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¾ cup vegetable oil*
- 2 tbsp. capers, chopped
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- ¼ cup grated parmigiano reggiano (I didn’t have any so I used 2 tbsp. dry parmesan)
- In a bowl, whisk egg, lemon juice and garlic. Slowly add the vegetable oil in a steady stream until the mixture thickens.
- Mix-in chopped capers, anchovy paste and cheese.
*do not use olive oil. It completely changes the taste and consistency of the dressing.
Adapted from: Ricardo