Asparagus-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- ⅔ cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. choped garlic
- 1 tbsp. black olive tapenade
- 4 leaves of chopped fresh basil
- lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped onions
- 24 asparagus (rinse and break-off tough ends)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- lemon juice (half a lemon)
- Montreal chicken spice
- salt + pepper
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic, tapenade, basil and lemon zest.
- With a good sharp knife, butterfly each chicken breast horizontally, almost all the way through but not quite, leaving the two halves attached like the pages of a book. Open up the butterflied breasts and lay them out flat.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over each breast, top with onions and 6 asparagus each.
- Close them tightly and lay chicken breasts side by side in a baking dish.
- Rub breasts will oil, lemon juice, montreal chicken spices, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken stock and bake for 30 minutes.