Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 325°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg, yolk and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until combined. Stir-in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into 1/8 cup balls (use a 1/4 cup and divide in two) and place onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy.
Adapted from: Annie’s Eats who also adapted it from: Blonde Ambition in the Kitchen, originally from: Baking Illustrated