Nutella is the love child of hazelnuts and chocolate. As you will notice in the future posts of this blog, I have a great love affair with Nutella. I absolutely love hazelnuts and cannot seem to go a few days without chocolate.
I do not remember which star tip number I used for this particular picture, but I am sure any of them would make a beautiful job.
- 1 ½ c soft butter
- 1 c nutella
- 2 c icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbs milk or cream (optional)
- Mix the butter and nutella on medium-high until smooth.
- Gradually add the sifted icing sugar until just incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix in the vanilla extract. Optional: if you feel like the frosting is a bit too hard, add the milk or cream.
- Mix until light and fluffy.
- Frost cooled cake or cupcakes.